Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shear Murder by Nancy J. Cohen


Shear Murder is a fun mystery/romance. There is quite a bit of detailed wedding information because the character, Marla, is not only a bridesmaid in a wedding, but also planning her own wedding.

Imagine finding a dead body under the wedding cake table! Suspects abound in this story, and Marla is well know by local police as someone who likes to get involved.  I think that there was maybe a little too much information gained by eavesdropping, but Marla is eager to solve the crime.

I was a little worried when I saw that the book contained just over two pages of a Cast of Characters with the names and brief bio of everyone in the book (including pets!), but keeping track of everyone was not a problem even without the list.

This is the tenth in the “Bad Hair Day” mystery series, but it is very much a stand alone. This was the first in the series that I read and I never felt like I didn’t know something that had happened in the past. I am not sure if this is the last in the series, but if it is, fans will be pleased by the ending in this book.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...