Saturday, July 30, 2011

Get hooked on Tunisian Crochet – learn how with 13 projects by Sheryl Thies

Martingale Publishing link to purchase Get Hooked on Tunisian Crochet
Also available as an E-book!


The thirteen patterns in the book are attractive and practical projects for learning the craft of Tunisian Crochet. The patterns include a set of placemats and coasters, three pillows, a tote bag, a scarf, a variety of shawls and wraps, a purse, an afghan, 2 sweaters, a jacket, and fingerless gloves.

I am a knitter and never learned crochet beyond a granny square, but I had a Tunisian crochet hook so I decided to give it a try.  I am a visual learner so I had to use the diagrams first and then go back and read the text to figure out how to do the stitch.  I did crochet up a small (very small!) sample that you can see in the picture.

The projects start out very basic and then progress as you learn and practice.  I would love to make the Tranquil Escape cardigan, but I think I had better start with the placemats first! Great book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...