Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Megan's Way by Melissa Foster



Megan’s way is a very sad book. The book follows the main character’s cancer return, death and funeral. There were quite a few storyline twists in the relationships among Megan, her daughter and her friends, but in the end the only character I cared about was the child. Without giving away too much of the story, I was annoyed with Megan’s character for something she did to her daughter just before she died. She gave her information that should have been attended to by the adults and not dumped on a child to sort out. Unfortunately the adults seemed to have the "It's all about me" attitude. Also, one of the “twists” nullifies the reason for the special bond between mother and child. Not a bad book, but be prepared to spend a lot of time with the dying and funeral arrangements.

When I was finished, I felt very much as I did when I read The Suicide Collectors by David Oppegaard which was a dark and sad read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...