Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Kabalyon Key by Charles Westbrook

I have had this book for a while and have been struggling to read it. I am on page 141 and have no clue as to what the book is about except that Washington D.C. is designed after some Masonic symbolism. The author's preface states that he wrote a book about the presense of God's love and how sometimes people don't see it. I feel like I am reading the wrong book! Chapter to chapter it seems to be all over the place, and there are odd acronyms and symobls in with the text.

This book has RAVE reviews all over, so I think what I may do is put the book away for a couple of weeks and then start reading it over from the beginning. While I am always honest in my reviews, I also want to be fair. While I don't hate the book, I just think I am missing something. For now, this is not my official review, and I will try it again. I hope to see what others love in this book!

1 comment:

  1. I too struggled a bit at the beginning of the book; it was a slow start for me. However, I forced myself to continue and I was very glad that I did! In the blink of an eye, I went from having difficulty in reading it to not being able to put it down. It is a very thought provoking book written by a very deep man! You mention having the feeling of missing something and chances are you did just as I did. There are so many different threads to this book that I really don't think anyone can grasp its full meaning the first time around! That is why I am reading it all over again! I believe this is worth doing. Charles Westbrook is trying to relay something important and I would like to grasp its total essence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...